Red quinoa salad with fresh peas and goat feta
This hearty quinoa salad is great at the start of summer, when fresh peas are in season.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 cup||Red quinoa|
|½ cup||Vegetable stock|
|1 cup||Fresh peas|
|100 g||Goat feta|
|2||Avocados, or half a perfectly ripe avocado per person|
|1 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 serving||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Put 1 cups of water in a saucepan. Add the stock then when simmering, pour in the quinoa. Boil for 20 minutes or until tender, drain and cool.
- Put a second saucepan of water on to boil. Add salt then when boiling add the carrots and peas. Cook for 3 minutes then drain and cool.
- Slice the carrots. Crumble the feta and slice the avocado.
- Combine the quinoa, carrots, peas, feta and avocado.
- Squeeze over the lemon and olive oil then season and gently combine before serving.