Chilled avocado soup
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 can||Coconut milk, 425ml|
|½ cup||Water, iced|
|3 tbsp||Plain unsweetened yoghurt|
|2 tbsp||Lemon juice, or lime juice|
|2 tbsp||Avocado oil|
|1 to taste||Salt|
|2 slices||Sourdough bread|
|1 splash||Olive oil|
|1 handful||Basil leaf, Thai if available, to garnish|
- Halve the avocados, remove the stones and scoop out the flesh.
- Puree in a blender with the coconut milk, water, yoghurt, lemon or lime juice and avocado oil, adding salt to taste.
- Puree until completely smooth, adding more water if necessary, then refrigerate.
- Cut the crusts off the bread and dice finely. Heat a pan, adding a little olive oil and toast the bread until golden.
- Halve the tomatoes, remove the seeds and finely dice.
- Ladle the soup into chilled bowls, top with the croutons, tomatoes and basil.
- Drizzle over a little avocado oil before serving.