French toast fingers with berries and curd
( SERVES 6 )
Your whole family will love this variation of the traditional french toast.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 loaf||White bread|
|¾ cup||Lemon curd|
|1½ cups||Mixed berries|
|1 to dust||Icing sugar|
- Slice crusts from bread and cut into thick fingers.
- Whisk cream and eggs and pour into a shallow dish.
- Sit bread fingers in cream mixture and allow to soak for a minute, then turn and leave a further minute.
- Heat butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat and cook fingers in batches until golden on each side.
- Serve fingers with a dollop of lemon or passionfruit curd and scatter over berries. Dust with icing sugar.