Tropical festive chicken
Many of us choose to serve chicken at Christmas time, finding it more accessible and manageable than turkey. For a festive roast chicken with a Pacific Island twist, try this delicious stuffing.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 cups||Long grain rice|
|400 ml||Coconut milk|
|1½ cups||Chicken stock|
|½ cup||Macadamia nuts|
|¼ cup||Dried mango|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Rinse the rice under cold water until water runs clear. Place the rice in a saucepan with the coconut milk and chicken stock. Bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 12 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan and gently cook onion, garlic and bacon until onion is soft.
- Mix together the rice, onion, garlic, bacon, macadamia nuts, mango and coriander. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the chicken (size 16), inside and out, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Stuff the chicken with the rice mixture, then secure with string.
- Rub remaining 1 tbsp oil over the skin and dust with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 1.5 hours, turning twice during cooking.