Perfect roast potatoes
New potatoes are the perfect compliment to any roast dish. The addition of olive oil and flour gives the potatoes a gorgeous golden brown colour and they taste divine.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 to taste||Salt|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 to drizzle||Olive oil|
- Preheat oven to 200 degC. Peel potatoes and chop into quarters. Place potatoes in a saucepan with cold water and salt and bring to the boil. Boil for 4 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes well in a colander and allow all steam and moisture to escape.
- Return the potatoes to the dry saucepan, cover with a lid and shake the potatoes vigorously several times to roughen edges.
- Sprinkle over flour then toss potatoes briefly to ensure even coverage of flour.
- Heat the oil in a large roasting pan in the oven until oil is very hot. Carefully lift the pan from the oven, adding potatoes to the hot oil. Return pan to the oven.
- Roast potatoes for 40 minutes until golden brown and cooked, turning during cooking.
Tip: Potatoes can be boiled earlier in the day, then dried and roasted later.