King prawns with caramelised miso
This dish takes no time at all and is perfect for whenever you have a home gathering.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|24||King prawns, skewered, with tails|
|1 to serve||Pickled ginger, (optional)|
|500 g||Edamame beans, (soy beans)|
|1||Lemon, or lime, cut into wedges|
|⅔ cup||White miso paste|
|¼ cup||Mirin, or sherry|
|3 tbsp||Soft brown sugar|
|1 tbsp||White wine vinegar|
|1 pinch||Chilli powder|
|⅓ cup||Unsalted butter, softened|
- Preheat oven to 200 degC
- Line a baking tray with baking paper or a nonstick mat. Evenly spread the miso over the mat and bake for around 20 minutes or until the edges of the miso are lightly burnt ( Yes, lightly burnt is good).
- Remove from oven and allow miso to cool until just warm. Scrape miso into a liquidiser together with all remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and you can see small flecks of burnt miso. At this stage it can be used straight away or put in the fridge for up to one month.
- This recipe makes more than needed but it’s so easy to have a little more in the fridge for whenever you are short on time.
- Pan fry the prawn skewers whenever you are ready. Cool slightly, coat with warm caramelised miso and sprinkle with pickled ginger if using.
- Serve in the centre of the table with steamed edamame and lemon wedges.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL