This is so delicious! Serve it very cold and after one spoonful, you will think you are about to do a flamenco dance with a tall, dark, handsome Spaniard with a red rose in his mouth.
Ready in 30 minutes plus 3 hours to chill, makes 4 cups.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|5 cm||Crusty baguettes|
|2 tbsp||Sherry vinegar|
|1 tsp||Brown sugar|
|½ tsp||Smoked paprika|
|½ cup||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tbsp||Italian parsley|
- Soak bread in ½ cup water for 2 to 3 minutes, then squeeze dry.
- Mash garlic and salt into a paste with a large knife on a bread board.
- Place bread, garlic, vinegar, sugar, red onion, paprika, half the tomatoes (quartered) and cucumber (peeled and diced) in a food processor.
- Once mixture is well processed, add remaining tomatoes and then the oil in a low stream. Blend for 1 minute, pass through a sieve, then chill for 3 hours.
- Season and serve with diced avocado and parsley on top.
Cook's tip: Investing in some smoked paprika and a good sherry vinegar makes all the difference. The initial investment will be enjoyed for years