World's easiest summer fruit cake
This cake is best eaten the day it’s made. Serve warm with a mixture of whipped cream and unsweetened plain yoghurt. We added a few blueberries to the mix for contrasting colour.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1¼ cups||Self raising flour|
|2 cups||Mixed fruit|
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC. Line a 23cm loose-bottomed cake tin with baking paper for easy removal. Grease the sides of the tin.
- Sift the flour and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add the melted butter, vanilla and eggs. Combine until just blended, no more.
- Pour the mixture into tin.
- Place the fruit on top of the cake (a mix of nectarines, apricots and plums), pressing down, and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for 60 minutes. This cake is best eaten the day it’s made. Serve warm with a mixture of whipped cream and unsweetened plain yoghurt.
- We added a few blueberries to the mix for contrasting colour.
Cook's tip: You can cream the softened butter and sugar if desired, then add eggs,vanilla and dry ingredients. It takes a little longer, but produces a better result.