Mocha pound cake
This cake makes a great base for delicious coulis and compotes made from seasonal fruit.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|250 g||Butter, softened|
|1¼ cups||Caster sugar|
|3 tbsp||Instant coffee|
|¼ cup||Water, boiling|
|1 tbsp||Cocoa powder|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|¼ tsp||Ground nutmeg|
|1 to dust||Icing sugar|
- Heat oven to 180 degC (160 degC fan bake). Grease a 22cm bundt ring tin and dust with flour.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Combine instant coffee and boiling water to dissolve coffee, then add to the creamed mixture. Beat to combine.
- Fold in sifted flour, cocoa, baking powder and nutmeg.
- Spread mixture into prepared cake tin and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in tin for 30 minutes before turning out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve with coffee.
Tip: This cake lasts well for up to four days if stored in an airtight container.