Flourless chocolate ginger fudge cakes
( SERVES 24 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|300 g||Dark chocolate|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|½ cup||Crystallised ginger|
- Heat oven to fan bake 160 degC. Grease a 24-hole mini muffin pan.
- Place butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water to melt, or microwave in short bursts.
- Stir until smooth, then set aside to cool a little.
- Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt in another bowl and whisk with an electric mixer for 5 minutes, or until thick and pale.
- Gradually add melted chocolate mixture while continuing to whisk until well-combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans and sprinkle surface of each with sliced ginger.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out sticky but not liquid.
- Leave to cool in tins for 10 minutes before running a palette knife around edges and carefully turning out.
- Serve warm or cold with a teaspoon of mascarpone on each.
Tip: These lovely, gooey fudge cakes are a little difficult to remove from the tins, due to the flourless nature of the mixture. However, the results are well worth the effort. Use a palette knife to help loosen the cakes and, as the cakes are very soft, any discrepancies can easily be moulded back into shape.