Panko-crumbed fish fingers with feta, chervil and lemon
( SERVES 12 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2||Agria potatoes, (peeled)|
|250 g||Fish, (I used gurnard)|
|2 tsp||Lemons, (zest)|
|60 g||Feta cheese|
|2 tbsp||Chervil, (chopped)|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1||Olive oil, (light)|
|1 to serve||Tomato chutney|
|1 to serve||Lemon|
- Quarter and boil the potatoes in salted water until soft, drain then mash.
- Heat a little butter and olive oil together in a pan and cook the fish over a medium heat until just cooked.
- Let cool then flake into small pieces. In a bowl, combine the potato, fish, lemon, feta, chervil and seasoning.
- Using wet hands, shape into small fingers.
- Set up two plates and one bowl. Cover one plate with seasoned flour and the second with panko crumbs.
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a bowl and season. Dip the fish fingers firstly into the flour, then the egg followed by the crumbs.
- Heat a large fry pan and cover with a film of olive oil. Cook the fingers in batches turning often until golden and crispy on all sides.
- Serve hot with a tomato chutney or sauce to dip into and a squeeze of lemon.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL