( SERVES 6 )
This week our holiday recipe is for Mexican-style marinated chicken breasts, perfect for throwing on the barbecue.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|300 ml||Lime juice|
|100 ml||Triple sec|
|1 tsp||Garlic, minced|
|2 tbsp||Chilli, green or red, chopped|
|2 tbsp||Fresh coriander|
|6||Chicken breasts, skin on|
|2||Jalapeno chilli, fresh|
|1||Onion, finely diced|
|1 tsp||Sea salt|
|2||Avocados, firm, ripe, peeled and chopped|
|1 cup||Fresh coriander, coarsely chopped|
|1||Cucumber, peeled and cored, diced|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- In a bowl, take the liquid ingredients and add the coriander, chilli and garlic. Combine and then add in the chicken and refrigerate overnight.
- Take the diced onions, add the salt and let sit for about 30min. Rinse off the onion in water, chop the tomatoes into about 1cm cubes and add to the onions.
- Add in the jalapenos, cucumber and chopped coriander. Mix together then add in the avocado and stir gently to combine. Check the seasoning and correct to your liking.
- Grill the marinated chicken on the barbecue to a lovely golden colour with lots of great smoky flavour and ensure before serving that the chicken juices are running clear.
- Serve with the tomato and avocado salsa, fresh sweet corn and new potatoes tossed through sour cream.