Sparkling Berry Fruit Jelly Serves
( SERVES 8 )
Sparkling berry fruit jelly makes the most of summer's peak fruit by mixing it with this season's favourite tipple, rosé.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|350 g||Strawberries, hulled and halved|
|225 g||Raspberries, fresh|
|200 g||Blueberries, fresh|
|425 ml||Sparkling rose|
|50 g||Caster sugar|
|1 tbsp||Lime juice|
- You will need 2 x 900g loaf tins (one to be used as a weight, line the other with plastic wrap).
- Mix fruits gently together. Soak gelatine sheets in water until soft.
- Heat half the wine till it begins to simmer, then whisk sugar into it. Squeeze out gelatine and whisk into the wine mix until dissolved. Add remaining wine and lime juice, pour liquid into a jug and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, lay mixed fruit into lined loaf tin, arranging bottom layer decoratively, as this will be the top when turned out.
- Pour all but 150ml of the liquid over the fruit. Lay a sheet of plastic wrap over the tin, place the other loaf tin directly on top, then weight down with heavy cans and refrigerate for about 1 hour until set.
- Reheat remaining wine mixture and pour over surface of the jelly. Re-cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight until set firm.
- Turn out by dipping tin in hot water and inverting over a plate.
- Cut into slices with a sharp knife dipped into hot water.
- Serve with cream, yoghurt or fruit coulis.