Boysenberry buttermilk pudding
The perfect little pudding, serve them with vanilla custard and boysenberry coulis.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|3||Eggs, (large), separated|
|100 g||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla paste|
|20 g||Butter, melted|
|160 g||Self raising flour|
|30 g||Black sesame seeds, toasted and ground|
|½ tsp||Baking powder|
- Brush pudding moulds with softened butter and coat with caster sugar to create a lining.
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degC. In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks, caster sugar and vanilla until light and creamy. Stir in butter and buttermilk.
- Sieve in flour, sesame seeds and baking powder and gently fold in. Fold in egg whites
- Spoon or, with a piping bag, fill the moulds until almost full.
- Place into a roasting tray, pour in boiling water to come halfway up the moulds, cover loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from water, rest for five minutes before turning out. Serve with vanilla custard and boysenberry coulis.