Raspberry and vanilla yoghurt sauce
With time being precious in December I’ve included a delicious show-stopping sauce that you can whisk up in a few seconds. This recipe is based on a classic Vinnies dessert sauce which we have served variations of over the years. The Symbio yoghurt brand already has the perfect balance of vanilla, so it’s simply a matter of adding the berries. This will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 cups||Symbio Probiotic vanilla yoghurt|
|2 tsp||Lemon juice|
|¼ cup||Soft brown sugar|
|½ cup||Light cream cheese|
|1 tsp||Pure vanilla extract|
|1 cup||Raspberries, fresh or frozen|
- Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour into bottles or jars, attach labels then keep in the fridge.
- Serve folded through strawberries and raspberries.
- Pour over chilled diced watermelon marinated with honey, orange zest and juice.
- Spoon on to chargrilled pineapple with fresh mint.
- Serve in a tall glass layered with broken mince pies and alternate scoops of sorbet and icecream.
- Or simply enjoy on top of your favourite breakfast cereal.