Hokey Pokey, Ginger and Almond Chocolates
Another sweet treat that can be a bit challenging is home-made hokey pokey. Here the Whittakers team have done all the work and cleverly combined it into their delicious chocolate. With the addition of ginger, almonds and red jube sweets, it’s my take on a Christmas florentine.
|200 g||Whittaker's Hokey Pokey Mini Chocolate Bites|
|50 g||Chocolate buttons|
|100 g||Red jubes, or red snake sweets, diced|
|½ cup||Almonds, Whole and unpeeled|
|2 tbsp||Crystalised ginger, finely chopped|
- Chop up the chocolate into small pieces and place half into a metal bowl; add the chocolate buttons.
- Place over a pot of gently simmering water and stir the chocolate until it begins to melt.
- Remove from the heat and stir in all the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into individual moulds or make small circles on non-stick baking paper and allow to cool.
- Once set remove from moulds and gift wrap ready to give away.