( SERVES 12 )
This summer salad is made extra colourful with the addition of strawberries and mangoes.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|8 cups||Mixed salad leaves|
|2||Mangoes, nice and ripe|
|1 cup||Dried cranberries|
|1 cup||Green grape|
|1 cup||Slivered almonds|
- Make a bed of salad leaves and add the finely chopped spring onions.
- Slice the strawberries and halve the grapes. Spread these around the salad.
- Toss the cranberries amongst the ingredients.
- Peel the mango and slice into segments towards the stone. Do this over a bowl to collect all the juices. When you've extracted all the slices you can, squeeze the stone to extract the remaining mango juice.
- Place the mango slices over the salad and drizzle the juice across it.
- Scatter the toasted slivered almonds as a topping.
- Shake well together and dress the salad just before serving.