Chilled king prawn slaw
This is a tasty and very economical dish - we paid $10.99 for 500g of frozen prawns from the supermarket and $2 for the cabbage at a weekend market.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|¾ cup||Mixed salad leaves, salad|
|5 tbsp||White vinegar, or lime juice|
|2 tsp||Fresh ginger, grated|
|1 tsp||Ground pepper|
|1||Red chilli, seeds removed, flesh finely diced|
- To make the dressing, place the ingredients in a jar, screw on the lid and shake to combine.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, then add the prawns. Cover and cook for several minutes until the prawns are pink in colour, then remove from the heat and stir in the sweet chilli sauce.
- Heat a frying pan, then crumble the packet of instant noodles into the pan and lightly toast until they begin to colour.
- Tip into a salad bowl, then add the seeds to the pan and toast for 2 minutes before adding to the bowl.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients and the dressing to the bowl, and toss well.
- Serve the salad topped with the warm prawns and some of their juices, garnished with any leftover fresh coriander and chilli (if you like your food a little hotter).