This dish makes for the ultimate crowd pleaser on a summer's day.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1||Lemon, squeeze enough juice to cover fish|
|3||Tomatoes, de-seeded and evenly chopped|
|1||Spring onion, sliced|
|1 handful||Chives, chopped|
|½||Lemon, zest of|
|⅔ cup||Coconut cream|
|1 to taste||Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
- Cut one fillet each of very fresh tararakihi atrevally into even-sized pieces, about 5mm thick. Squeeze enough lemon juice onto fish to just cover.
- Marinate in the fridge for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, evenly cut 5 mini cucumbers into a bowl.
- Add 2 tsp sugar and 1 tsp salt and set aside to quick-pickle, then drain.
- De-seed and evenly chop 2-3 tomatoes and add to the the cucumber along with 1 slicliced spring onion, a small handful of chopped chives, the zest of 1/2 a lemon, 2/3 cup coconut cream and salt and pepper to season.
- Drain (and discard) the lemon juice from the fish and add to the mix.
- Serves 4-6