Super tasty barbecue prawns
( SERVES 4 )
Toss these prawns with mango, avocado and cherry tomatoes, with a dressing of natural yoghurt mixed with the heated marinade to make a tasty healthy salad. Serve with jacket potatoes or garlic bread. If using smaller prawns, double the quantity to four dozen.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|24||Prawns, large raw, peeled but leave tails on|
|8||Bamboo skewers, soaked in water|
|½ cup||Plain unsweetened yoghurt|
|1 handful||Coriander, chopped, to serve|
|3 tbsp||Tomato paste|
|1 tbsp||Soy sauce|
|1 clove||Garlic, minced|
|¾ tsp||Smoked paprika|
|¾ tsp||Ground cumin|
|1½ tbsp||Honey, melted|
- Mix all marinade ingredients together.
- Combine the prawns with marinade and leave in fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat barbecue to medium high heat. Lift prawns out of marinade (reserving any leftover marinade) and thread 3 prawns (or 6 smaller prawns) on to each bamboo skewer.
- Season prawns with a little salt and cook on barbecue for 2 minutes, turning once.
- Heat remaining marinade in a small pot on the stove top, or in the microwave, then mix with yoghurt and coriander.
- Serve prawn skewers with yoghurt sauce to dip. Alternatively remove prawns from skewers and toss with mango, avocado, cherry tomatoes and the yoghurt sauce.