Duck breast salad with nectarines and roquefort
This is the perfect dish to share, and makes the most of summer's nectarines.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tsp||Chinese five spice|
|1 to taste||Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|2 tbsp||Runny honey|
|4||Nectarines, stones removed, quartered|
|1 bag||Salad greens|
|1 cup||Fresh herbs, left whole|
|100 g||Roquefort, crumbled|
- Score the duck breast with a sharp knife. Rub in the cloves, five-spice, salt and pepper. Let them sit for 30 minutes at room temperature. Preheat oven to 180C.
- Heat an ovenproof frying pan to a medium heat. Place the duck breasts skin-down in the pan for 2-3 minutes or until brown and golden, turn and brown the other side.
- Drizzle with the honey and place straight into the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Remove and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the nectarines, spring onions, salad greens, herbs and Roquefort. Toss the dressing through.
- On a platter, place the salad. Slice the duck breasts on an angle thinly and arrange on the salad.
- Mix 3 Tbsp olive oil, 1tsp Dijon mustard, 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL