Raspberry creme brulee
This is the perfect finish to a Valentine's Day meal.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 punnet||Raspberries, fresh|
|200 ml||Whole milk|
|1||Vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped|
|1 tsp||Orange, zest|
|6||Eggs, yolks only|
|5 tbsp||Sugar, (extra sugar for topping)|
- Place 7 or 8 raspberries into six ramekins, reserving the rest for garnish.
- In a pot, bring the cream, milk, vanilla bean, and zest to a boil. Remove from the heat, remove vanilla pod and cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar until light in colour and creamy.
- Slowly add the cream, and mix well. Strain the mixture into a jug. Pour evenly among the ramekins.
- Place into an ovenproof dish filled with water to the custard level.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until set. Remove, cool, then cover and place in fridge overnight.
- Before serving, sprinkle each ramekin with a tablespoon of sugar.
- Place the ramekins under a very hot grill, or use a blow torch to caramelise — this process is very quick, so make sure you don’t get distracted.
- Serve with the extra raspberries.