Grilled white peaches with prosciutto and blue cheese
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Kieran Scott
Kyle Street, head chef at Depot Eatery & Oyster Bar, is an avid lover of street food and a prodigy of Al Brown. He takes a playful approach to cooking, for him it is all about provenance, big flavours and most importantly respecting his ingredients.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|4||White peaches, ripe|
|100 g||Blue cheese|
|1 to drizzle||Vincotto|
|1 to drizzle||Macadamia nut oil, or light olive oil|
Sweet & salty nuts
- Cut each peach into 6 even pieces. Toss with a little oil and season lightly.
- Grill until charred and softened (the more ripe your peaches the less time they need to cook).
- Lay out the prosciutto on a plate, top with the grilled peaches and crumble over your blue cheese and toasted nuts (see below). Scatter over the rocket and a good few cracks of black pepper.
- Finish with a generous drizzle of vincotto and macadamia nut oil.
Sweet & Salty Nuts
A great way to roast nuts is to make a sugar and salt solution with the ingredients listed above; the nuts will be glossy and beautifully seasoned. Try adding chilli or spices and using them in other recipes.
- Dissolve sea salt and caster sugar in boiling water.
- Toss nuts in solution, drain off excess solution and transfer the nuts to a baking tray.
- Bake at 180degC, tossing nuts until golden.