Hapuku ceviche with cucumber
( SERVES 4 )
A fresh use for fresh fish, serve this as an entree to friends on a hot summer's day and they'll appreciate the burst of new season flavours
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|400 g||Hapuku fillets|
|½ cup||Coconut cream|
|1||Salt, to season|
|1 tsp||Tabasco sauce, or to taste|
|1||Lime, zested and juiced|
|1 tsp||Caster sugar|
|2 tsp||Rice vinegar|
|1 tbsp||Spring onion, finely sliced|
|1 tbsp||Red capsicum, finely diced|
|1 tbsp||Yellow capsicum, finely diced|
- With a very sharp knife, slice the fish on an angle, into thin strips. Squeeze over the lemon juice and leave to marinate in the fridge for 60 minutes.
- Lift the fish out of the bowl and drain in a strainer, discard the juice.
- In a clean bowl, stir through the coconut cream, season and add Tabasco to taste.
- Peel the cucumber and discard the peel. Peel the rest of the cucumber into strips. Add the lime, salt, sugar and vinegar and leave refrigerated for 30 minutes.
- To serve, drain the cucumber strips, leaving behind the liquid, and arrange on small plates. Spoon the hapuku on top and sprinkle over the spring onion and red and yellow capsicum.
This dish is best matched with
$ VIEW DEAL