Hapuku ceviche with cucumber
( SERVES 4 )
A fresh use for fresh fish, serve this as an entree to friends on a hot summer's day and they'll appreciate the burst of new season flavours.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|400 g||Hapuku fillets|
|½ cup||Coconut cream|
|1||Salt, to season|
|1 tsp||Tabasco sauce, or to taste|
|1||Lime, zested and juiced|
|1 tsp||Caster sugar|
|2 tsp||Rice vinegar|
|1 tbsp||Spring onion, finely sliced|
|1 tbsp||Red capsicum, finely diced|
|1 tbsp||Yellow capsicum, finely diced|
- With a very sharp knife, slice the fish on an angle, into thin strips. Squeeze over the lemon juice and leave to marinate in the fridge for 60 minutes.
- Lift the fish out of the bowl and drain in a strainer, discard the juice.
- In a clean bowl, stir through the coconut cream, season and add Tabasco to taste.
- Peel the cucumber and discard the peel. Peel the rest of the cucumber into strips. Add the lime, salt, sugar and vinegar and leave refrigerated for 30 minutes.
- To serve, drain the cucumber strips, leaving behind the liquid, and arrange on small plates. Spoon the hapuku on top and sprinkle over the spring onion and red and yellow capsicum.